The type of home you want is just as important as the location. Some things to be aware of:
- Pre-Approvals avoid disappointment and can save time! If you’re looking above your price range you could be missing out on the ultimate home you can afford!
- Properties in Good Condition are not on the market long. If you like a home and you’re thinking about making an offer, stop thinking and do it. Do it or lose it is huge in this market!
- Because most homes won’t have EVERYTHING you want, be sure to go inside and see what the property has to offer!
- Location! If you want the city, sometimes you have to make other sacrifices.
- Financing~ If you have a lot of bills, you have less to work with and the banks will tell you. It is also important to know what types of financing are available in the area you are looking. Where one county may have USDA, the next may not. It’s good to find out your options when you get your preapproval.
- Money Upfront: Appraisals, Home inspections Good faith deposits and Closing costs are all part of the home buying process. Ask your Realtor and they should be able to give you a good idea of what you’ll need.
Everyone likes the idea of home ownership. However stressful it may appear at the time, it definitely beats paying rent forever and living according to the way someone else thinks you should! Realtors are here to keep your experience as stress free as possible. Sit back and allow me!